If you want to forbid users using your computer from downloading any kind of files, I have found a small, nice hack that, by modifying a registry key, will prevent everybody from downloading what they want while they use Internet Explorer. The hack is really simple to apply but the downside is that you won’t be able to download files either.
- Shut down Internet Explorer.
- Now, click Start (the Windows orb).
- Click Run…
- Type regedit and press Start.
- Located the following Windows registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\ Internet Settings\Zones \3
- On the right pane, right click any empty space and from the menu create a new DWORD .
- Assign to the new DWORD the following name: 1803
- For the new DWORD assign the following value: 0 (zero). To do it, double click the DWORD and type: 0
- Exit regedit and restart the computer.
- To revert the change, simply delete the DWORD you just created (1803)
This hack works on Internet Explorer (IE) 6-7-8-9
Tags: hack, Internet Explorer
- prevent from downloading files from internet
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.