If you want to forbid users using your computer from downloading any kind of files, I have found a small, nice hack that, by modifying a registry key, will prevent everybody from downloading what they want while they use Internet Explorer. The hack is really simple to apply but the downside is that you won’t be able to download files either.
- Shut down Internet Explorer.
- Now, click Start (the Windows orb).
- Click Run…
- Type regedit and press Start.
- Located the following Windows registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\ Internet Settings\Zones \3
- On the right pane, right click any empty space and from the menu create a new DWORD .
- Assign to the new DWORD the following name: 1803
- For the new DWORD assign the following value: 0 (zero). To do it, double click the DWORD and type: 0
- Exit regedit and restart the computer.
- To revert the change, simply delete the DWORD you just created (1803)
This hack works on Internet Explorer (IE) 6-7-8-9
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.