If you want to forbid users using your computer from downloading any kind of files, I have found a small, nice hack that, by modifying a registry key, will prevent everybody from downloading what they want while they use Internet Explorer. The hack is really simple to apply but the downside is that you won’t be able to download files either.
- Shut down Internet Explorer.
- Now, click Start (the Windows orb).
- Click Run…
- Type regedit and press Start.
- Located the following Windows registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\ Internet Settings\Zones \3
- On the right pane, right click any empty space and from the menu create a new DWORD .
- Assign to the new DWORD the following name: 1803
- For the new DWORD assign the following value: 0 (zero). To do it, double click the DWORD and type: 0
- Exit regedit and restart the computer.
- To revert the change, simply delete the DWORD you just created (1803)
This hack works on Internet Explorer (IE) 6-7-8-9
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, Windows 8 and 7
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.