By default, Windows 8 comes with a built-in PDF reader called Windows Reader able to read any PDF file on your computer. Windows Reader is the default PDF reader on Windows 8 and that’s means that if you install Adobe Acrobat Reader on your PC, it won’t be able to open and read any PDF files because Windows 8 won’t associate such application to PDF files. If you want to take control of Windows 8 and decide yourself what program must read your PDF files, I have got a nice trick to force Windows 8 to dump Windows Reader in favor of any other PDF reader of your choice!
- Right-click any PDF file on your Windows 8.
- Choose default program from Open with menu.
- Click Adobe Reader X application and tick the use this app for all .pdf files option from the menu.
- how to disable reader in windows 8
- disable microsoft reader windows 8
- disable reader windows 8
- how to disable windows 8 reader
- How to Make Your Google Chrome Run Faster and More Efficently
- How to Turn On Windows 10 GodMode
- How to Fix Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop Issue after Upgrade or Installation
- How to Fix Windows 10 Doesn’t Use and See All RAM Available
2 Comments to “Change Default Windows 8 PDF Reader to Adobe Acrobat Reader”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.