New Firefox version (Firefox 13) includes a nice, new tab page option that, whenever you click a new tab, will show you a tab containing thumbnails of most visited websites. The tab displays (3*3 grid of total) 9 thumbnails. If you want to delete such thumbnails without using any tricks you will only have to clear Firefox browsing history. However such a solution is a bit complicated since you will have to clear web history every single day. This article will show you how to turn off new tab pageand restore Firefox old option to show a blank tab only.
- Open Firefox.
- Type about:config in browser and press the Enter key.
- Click the “I’ll be careful, I Promise” button in order to access to Firefox registry.
- Now, in the Search filter box, type: newtabpage
- Double click the browser.newtabpage.enabled key and change the value to False.
- At this point the New Tab Page is disable for good. Upon opening a new tab you will get a empty page.
- Restart your Firefox for the changes to take effect.
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, Windows 8 and 7
3 Comments to “How to Turn Off New Tab Page on Firefox”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.