As we know, when it comes to security there isn’t enough protection you can adopt in order to enhance and strengthen the security of your login password in your Windows 7 . The best way to go is, without any doubt, to change the password periodically and use a mix of words, symbols and numbers. However, Windows 7 goes further when it comes to helping you in protecting your computer. In fact, nested among Windows 7 settings, there is a set of useful options which can give full control and power at the way your logon passwords is used and managed.
- Click Start.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Go to Administrative Tools. (Be sure to have Administrative privileges)
- Double click Local Security Policy.
- Click Account Policy – Password Policy from the left pane.
- On the right pane you should be able to see a full set of security settings that will give you maximum control over the way your passwords are managed on your Windows 7. Let’s see what this options are:
- Enforce Password History: Set the number of unique passwords that you can use before you can reuse an old password.
- Maximum Age Password: Set the number of days a password can be used before the system will force you to change it.
- Minimum Password Age: Set the minimum number of days a password can be used before the user must change it.
- Minimum Password Length: Set the minimum length for your password.
- Password Must Meet Complexity Requirements: This settings forces you to choose a password 6 characters long. This settings is very useful in case you do not know the minimum requirement that are necessary in order to enhance the security of your login password.
- Store Passwords Using Reversible Encryption: (just avoid this option as it is dangerous for your security) Store the passwords in plain text without any encryption.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, Windows 8 and 7
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.