When you buy a USB key/pen/external hard drive one of things you should do right away is format it from FAT32 to NTFS. In fact, an hard drive with FAT32 format only gives you the possibility to transfer files less than 4 GB. And we know only too well that today there are a lot of files that overcome that figure such as videos for example. When converting from FAT32 to NTFS you are always prompted to format the USB or external hard drive and this could be an issue if you have already stored a lot of data. However, thanks to this trick you will be able to convert to NTFS without losing any data and without formatting!
- In Windows (any Windows version) Click Start and in the Search Bar, type CMD and hit Enter.
- Now, type the following command chkdsk I: /f (“I” is meant to be tha USB/external hard drive, so make sure about this letter by going to the “My Computer” icon usually located on your desktop).
- Now, type the following command Convert I: /FS:NTFS and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Done. You have now successfully converted your FAT32 USB pen to NTFS format without having to format your data! Enjoy!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Solve and Fix “This webpage is not available dns_probe_finished _no_internet” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Clean and Delete your Personal Information and Search from Cortana
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.