As you guys know, there are a lot of tricks and hacks in Windows that are hidden to regular users. Some of them improve the OS speed, others let Windows do things it is not supposed to do, while other ones might even give your Windows extra horse power in order to improve your daily experience. In this article I am going to write a simple trick that lets you turn on an interesting feature. I am talking about a simple way to turn your Windows 7 and 8 (but maybe it does work even in Windows 10. I have not tried it yet…) into a Wi-Fi (wifi) hotspot so that it will be able to share its internet connection with other devices.
- Click the Windows 7 or 8 icon located on the bottom left side of your screen. (Start Button)
- In the Search Bar, type CMD and press Enter.
- Now, type netsh wlan show drivers and press Enter.
- If Hosted Network Support is ON, you are ok, if it is off it means that you have not installed any Wifi driver. So, before proceeding with this guide you should download and install the WiFi driver.
- Now, run the Command Prompt (CMD) as Administrator. To do so, right click the Windows icon (point n. 1) and in the menu, select Command Prompt (admin).
- Now, in the CMD, type: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid= Your Wi-Fi Name key= WiFi password
- On point number 6 make sure to write your Wifi password correctly in place of WiFi password, otherwise it won’t work.
- Now, type: netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- Command Prompt should return with the following message: The hosted network Started. This means that you turned on the wifi hotspot feature.
- Now go to Control Panel — Network and Internet, and right after that go to Network and Sharing Center.
- From the left panel side, just click Change adapter settings. Now right click your Internet Connection and go to Properties.
- We are almost finished. As a last step, click Sharing Tab and tick the option named “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”
- After all this, if you wish to stop WIndows 7 or 8 sharing tis internet connection, just go to the CMD and type: netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
If you are not a geek and want to try an easier solution download and install : Virtual Router. It is a free software that allows you in a couple of easy steps to turn your Windows 7, 8 and 2008 into a free Wifi hotspot!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- Google Animal Sounds Hidden Feature!
- How to Lock and Protect Google Chrome with a User Password
- How to Play Pac-Man and Breakout Games on Google
- How to Install Windows 10 Without a Microsoft Account and Password
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.