Some users are reporting an error that comes out right after upgrading your Windows operating system from Windows 7 or Windows 8 to Windows 10. After the upgrade to Windows 10 has been completed successfully, every time you boot/start your computer the following error appears: “P17RunE.dll. The specific module could not be found”. The following steps will fix this issue.
The first thing to do is to open your Command Prompt (CMD) and run the following command: SFC /SCANNOW
To open the Command Prompt window, just follow these steps:
- Click the Search the web and Windows on the bottom left side of your computer screen.
- Type CMD and hit Enter.
- Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and press Enter.
- Let the computer work. In order to fix the issue the PC will take some time, so be patient!
If the above procedure didn’t work for you, just try to download this free software, directly from the Microsoft website: AUTORUN. After downloading and installing it, follow these steps:
- Open the software and allow it to do all the checks it requires. When finished, type in P17RunE.dll in the search box.
- If it finds the error just untick the box next to that line. In this way the software will only disable the routine that causes the error and nothing else.
- Reboot the your Windows 10 to apply the fix.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
- How to Solve KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys Error in Windows 10
- How to Prevent Microsoft Internet Edge from Showing Pop-Up Notification
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.