Google Chrome has, among its hidden features, an interesting way to secure and lock itself from unwanted users and hackers trying to steal your data. The trick I am gonna show you is also very useful when you are at work and for any reason you are going to leave your desk for a few minutes. In fact this article I will show you how to lock and secure Google Chrome by using an user password. In this way, other people won’t be able to see what you surfed and what your bookmarks are. So, let’s see how to lock Chrome with this simple trick!
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the web address bar type (or paste) this command: chrome://flags/#enable-new-profile-management
- The first option, namely Enable New profile Management has a drop down menu. From it, select Enabled.
- Now scroll to the end of the page and click the Relaunch Now button to restart the browser.
- Now you will have to log in in your Google account again. To do that on the top right side of Google Chrome, click the login icon.
- Gain access to your Google account.
- Now, go to Chrome settings and under People, click Add a Person.
- Give the new user and name and select an icon.
- Click Exit and Childlock (in fact this trick is also useful to create a kind of Chrome parental Control system).
- Now, every time you open the browser you will be confronted with a menu where you will be asked to select your account!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.