As you know Microsoft Edge is the new browser that aims to convince you that the old, buggy Internet Explorer era is over. In fact Edge browser is fast, neat and less resource hungry than all the other browsers. It is also fast and with a clean and simple interface. Sometimes it is so simple that finding options may be a little tricky. In this article I will show you how export or import bookmarks from and to Edge to and from other browsers such as Chrome, Firefox or the old Internet Explorer.
How import Bookmarks to Microsoft Edge Browser
- Open Edge Browser.
- Click the menu icon (three dots in a row) located on the upper right side of the Edge window.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down. Under the Favorites section, click the “View Favorites Settings” button.
- Under the “Import Favorites” section click the browser you wan to export your bookmarks from.
- At this point Edge will automatically export and copy your Bookmarks in its Favorites section without any other actions on your side.
- Keep in mind that, so far, Edge doesn’t allow you to import bookmarks from HTML files.
How to Export Favorites from Microsoft Edge Browser
- As of now there is no way to official export your bookmarks from Edge because there are no options available. However, despite Microsoft is trying hard to prevent us from dumping Edge, here is a small procedure to export your stuff from Edge.
- Go to C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites or go to: C:\User\YourName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\ MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\120712-0049\DBStore\spartan.edb
- Copy all the links (that are your bookmarks) from there.
- However, if you use Firefox, its latest version allows you to export bookmarks from Edge pretty easily.
- Alternatively, you can use this free software to manage Edge favorities: http://www.emmet-gray.com/Articles/EdgeManage.html
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.