Some users are reporting all over the internet a weird issue that showed up right after an update (and I am talking about the Anniversary update here) or after booting up Windows 10 operating system. Basically, all of a sudden, Windows 10 stopped showing images and photos (and your custom photos of course) on Welcome Screen. Apart from issue due to bugs and things like that, this issue might be due to a small option that for some unknown reason was turned of during an update by Windows 10 itself. Let’s see how to fix it!
- Click the Start icon (Windows icon) located on the bottom left side of your screen
- Look for “Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing” and turn it on.
Other solution include:
Turn on the Show Lock Screen background on the sign in screen screen
The same kind of issue might even appear when you lock your Windows 10. No image or custom photos is available and you are confronted with a solid color without any chance to modify it. Here is a step by step guide to solve it. it might even work for the Welcome Screen issue:
- Go to My Computer and click Proprieties
- On the left sidebar, click Advanced System Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under Performance, click Settings.
- Turn on “Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing”
- Click OK.
If the option on point 5 is already on, try to turn it off and back on. It worked for some users!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.