As we know, Windows 10 Registry Editor is the most important part of your Windows operating system. In fact it contains important data regarding your software, drivers, app etc. You mess up it or just delete a key and done, a software stops working correctly. If you share your Windows 10 with other users, then why not block and restrict their access to the registry for your peace of mind? So, let’s see how to keep out other users from gaining access to this sensitive part of your Windows 10 in a few easy steps!
- To the lower left side of your screen you will see the search bar. Type: regedit
- Right click it and select Run as Administrator .
- Windows 10 Registry Editor should appear on your screen.
- Now go to this registry key by following this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER – SOFTWARE – Microsoft – Windows – CurrentVersion – Policies – System
- Right click the “System” key and from the menu select the DWORD (32 bit) value and click it, of course.
- Name the key: DisableRegistryTools and set its Value Data to 1.
- Click OK and exit from the Registry Editor.
- Next time another users will try to open the registry from its own standard account he will get a “denial” message.
- To revert the changes, simply access to registry as admin and delete the key.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Access Your PC BIOS Settings in Windows 10
- How to Change your Facebook Profile Look (Design) and Block Ads
- How to Recover Data, Photos, Files from a Corrupted SD Card
- How to Lock Down your PC Using a USB Key
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.