As we know, Windows 10 Registry Editor is the most important part of your Windows operating system. In fact it contains important data regarding your software, drivers, app etc. You mess up it or just delete a key and done, a software stops working correctly. If you share your Windows 10 with other users, then why not block and restrict their access to the registry for your peace of mind? So, let’s see how to keep out other users from gaining access to this sensitive part of your Windows 10 in a few easy steps!
- To the lower left side of your screen you will see the search bar. Type: regedit
- Right click it and select Run as Administrator .
- Windows 10 Registry Editor should appear on your screen.
- Now go to this registry key by following this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER – SOFTWARE – Microsoft – Windows – CurrentVersion – Policies – System
- Right click the “System” key and from the menu select the DWORD (32 bit) value and click it, of course.
- Name the key: DisableRegistryTools and set its Value Data to 1.
- Click OK and exit from the Registry Editor.
- Next time another users will try to open the registry from its own standard account he will get a “denial” message.
- To revert the changes, simply access to registry as admin and delete the key.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Solve and Fix “This webpage is not available dns_probe_finished _no_internet” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Clean and Delete your Personal Information and Search from Cortana
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.