Windows 10 offers you a lot, really a lot of special options nested among its “standard” ones you know from previous Windows versions. The issue is that we don’t know where they are since there is not any official guide that comes bundled with Windows 10 when you buy it. For example, did you know that you can search through file content? In previous Windows versions, you could only search for files by searching their properties and their file name. Windows 10 instead gives you the chance to search the content of any file of your choice. Let’s see how to achieve this!
- On the bottom left side of your Windows 10 desktop, type in the Search Bar the following command: indexing options and press Enter. If, for any reason, you removed the Search Bar, just open the Start Menu (the Windows icon located on the bottom left part of your desktop) and just start type the command right away (trust me on this…)
- Now, open the indexing options dialogue window. Click the Advanced button.
- Click the file types tab and you will see a long list of file types (icons and their extensions) that are on your computer.
- On the lower part of the windows, click the Index Properties and File Content radio button.
- Click OK.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Access Your PC BIOS Settings in Windows 10
- How to Change your Facebook Profile Look (Design) and Block Ads
- How to Recover Data, Photos, Files from a Corrupted SD Card
- How to Lock Down your PC Using a USB Key
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.