One of the most sensitive areas, so to speak, when it comes to our beloved Windows OS (10,8,7) is without any doubt: SECURITY. As you know, nowadays is very easy to get infected by viruses or get our data stolen by someone without you getting aware of it … till is too late. In this article I want to talk about how to give your computer a little extra-security by…turning off and disabling your USB ports which, as we know, can be used by viruses (that are installed in a USB pen for example) or by thieves (using USB pen to steal your personal files) in any possible way in order to damage you, your privacy and your computer!
- In Windows 10, in the Search bar, located at bottom left side of your desktop type regedit and press Enter.
- Now you should have gained access to Windows Registry. Look for this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR and click it!
- In the right pane, double click a key named “START”.
- Now, In the value Data box, simply enter 4 and click on OK.
- Now, close everything and restart your pc for the change to take effect!
- All the USB port are now disabled and turned off. To revert the change, simply enter 3 in the data box!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Access Your PC BIOS Settings in Windows 10
- How to Change your Facebook Profile Look (Design) and Block Ads
- How to Recover Data, Photos, Files from a Corrupted SD Card
- How to Lock Down your PC Using a USB Key
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.