Despite Windows 10 has been released a couple of years ago and a lot, really a lot of bugs have been fixed thanks to patches and updates, there are still a few bugs that affect our PC and that may causes, in a few instances, a lot of issues when it comes to RAM and its usage. In this article I am gonna talk about a nasty bug that stays dormant for months and months till all of a sudden, it starts annoying you. I am talking about the bug that determines a very high usage of RAM in your Windows 10. Usually, while idle, Windows 10 uses a small percentage of RAM, around 20-30%, but if you are affected by this issue the usage of RAM could be around 80-90% or even more. So, let’s so how to solve it thanks to a couple of tricks!
Fix High usage of RAM in Windows 10 with this registry hack:
- In the bottom left Search bar, type regedit and press Enter.
- Now, look for this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
- In the right pane, look for ClearPageFileAtShutDown’ and change its value to 1, by double clicking it.
- Restart your computer.
Otherwise, you can adjust your PC performance in order to not be too memory hungry, so to speak:
- Right click the Computer icon and click Properties.
- Select the Advanced System settings tab.
- Go to the System Properties
- Click Settings
- Choose Adjust for best performance
- Click OK.
- Done. No need to restart your PC.
As a last trick, you could even try to turn off and disable startup programs:
- In the bottom left Search Bar, type msconfig and press Enter.
- The Task Manager window will open. Click the Startup tab in order to see a list of programs that run at startup.
- Right click on the applications that you don’t want to run at startup and select Disable.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Solve and Fix “This webpage is not available dns_probe_finished _no_internet” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Clean and Delete your Personal Information and Search from Cortana
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.